Welcome to the Diamond Club!
On September 8-9, 2012, we will be kicking off Ten Years Strong in our effort to end cancer in our lifetime. We're recognizing the incredible impact The Weekend has made in the fight to end cancer-- but we're not done yet! So this year, we are rewarding the commitment of our longtime participants and the efforts of those who go above and beyond to fundraise for the cause with the creation of our brand new 2012 Diamond Club.
What is the Diamond Club?
The Diamond Club is a group of Weekend Walkers and Crew who are truly exceptional in their commitment. Whether it is participating in The Weekend for many years or raising money, members of the Diamond Club have shown a commitment to the cause that is truly extraordinary. In our tenth year of working to end women's cancer, we think now is the time to show our appreciation!
Okay. I'm excited. How do I become a member of the Diamond Club?
You may already be in it. The Diamond Club is a unique mix of veteran Walkers and fundraisers. But even if you're not a member yet, if you work hard and fundraise, you too can join. Just check out the list below:
Who is eligible for the Diamond Club?
Registered 2012 Walkers who raise at least $1250 and 2012
Crew members will become members of the Diamond Club when they also meet any
one of the following criteria:
- 2003 Walker or Crew Member
- Participated as a Walker and/or Crew Member 4 or more times from 2003-2011
*Anyone who did not participate in 2011.
- Team Captain and Co-Captain of teams raising a total of $12,500 or more this year
- Walkers or Crew Members who raise a total of $5,000 or more this year
- Walkers or Crew Members who refer 5 or more NEW Walkers*
- Each referred New Walker must raise at least $1250 to count as a referral.
Is there a deadline?
Yes! The deadline to achieve Diamond Club Status is September 5, 2012.
What are the benefits of being a member of the Diamond Club?
Members of the 2012 Diamond Club will enjoy special privileges before and during the 2012 Weekend, such as:
- Special Diamond Club Credential To Wear On Event
- Diamond Club Emblem on your Personal Page
- Your Name on the Diamond Club Page
- Personalized Certificate of Appreciation signed by Paul Alofs and Tak Mak
You'll also feel the pride that comes from being a part of the largest movement to end women's cancers in Canada. And that's a feeling that is worth more than any prize!
Are there still Pacesetters?
Pacesetters are on hiatus in 2012 as we celebrate 10 Years Strong with the Diamond Club!
Still have questions? Call us at 416.815.WALK (9255) and our amazing coaches will tell you everything you need to know. So get excited to celebrate Ten Years Strong! See you in the Diamond Club!